About Kimberly Kauffman
Ms. Kauffman is an Associate who joined Welter in 2016. Her practice focuses on assisting employers with employment law issues, as well as litigation.
Ms. Kauffman received her Juris Doctor from the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, Texas. During law school, Ms. Kauffman was an Articles & Notes Editor on the Texas International Law Journal and participated in the Transnational Workers Rights Clinic, where she represented migrant workers in unpaid wage claims. She was also a teaching assistant (Teaching Quizmaster) for first year legal writing and research classes.
Following law school, Ms. Kauffman worked at the Office of the Attorney General of Texas in the Law Enforcement Defense Division, where she represented state employees in litigation matters involving civil rights.
- Office of the Attorney General of Texas, Law Enforcement Defense Division, 2015-2016.
- Postgraduate Intern at the University of Texas System, Office of General Counsel, 2014.
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 2014.
- Texas International Law Journal, Articles & Notes Editor.
- Teaching Quizmaster.
- B.B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 2011.
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyer’s Association
Admitted to Practice
- Texas (2014).
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas.