About M. Wilson Stoker
Mr. Stoker is Sr. Vice President and Managing Attorney of the Texas Office for Welter. He is a litigator who defends employers in all areas of employment law and is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Wilson utilizes his background in employment law and human resource management to assist employers facing employment litigation, changing employment laws, and workplace issues. His areas of expertise include wage and hour compliance, hiring, employee discipline, and terminations, FMLA and ADA compliance, as well as Title VII harassment and discrimination defense.
Wilson also conducts workplace training and provides compliance assistance to employers on day-to-day employment issues such as workplace investigations and handbook policies. In addition, he has particular experience assisting government contractors with all aspects of OFCCP affirmative action compliance including developing and maintaining affirmative action plans and defending employers in DOL audits.
He is also a frequent speaker on hot-button labor and employment issues, including social media, harassment investigations, the ADA, the FMLA, wage and hour law, and the National Labor Relations Act.
During law school, Mr. Stoker clerked for the Honorable John M. Manos, U.S. District Judge for the Northern District of Ohio. Prior to law school, Mr. Stoker worked as a financial analyst for Lehman Brothers in New York City.
- Welter Law Firm, P.C., Herndon, Virginia and Austin, Texas, 2006-present.
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University, 2005.
- Member, Craven Moot Court Team.
- Recipient, “Best Brief Writing” Award, Dunmore Moot Court Competition.
- B.S., Accounting & Legal Studies, Ithaca College, 1999.
- Board Certified, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Austin Bar Association (Member, Labor & Employment Section).
- Austin Human Resources Management Association (“AHRMA”)
- Board of Directors
- Vice President, Legal and Legislative Affairs Committee, 2014 & 2015.
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Vice Chair, Labor & Employment Section 2008-2009
- Virginia Bar Association (Member, Labor & Employment Section).
Admitted to Practice
- Texas (2011); Virginia (2005).
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan